Egg nog, twinkling lights and the smell of fresh balsam are just a few of the christmas season favorites. It is a time of warmth and joy. Family and giving. And the greatest gift of all, a Father sending His Son to us to be born. The highest expression of love ever known. It is my personal favorite time of year, and I think it is the perfect setting to start your story together. A Christmas engagement! It’s so dreamy! SO if youre needing the extra push to pop the question during the holidays, here are my two, or three cents in the matter.
- Mistle toe a hanging, soft melodies a playing, and snow a falling. How much MORE romantic could you get? You cant make this stuff up people!
- There are many fun and surprising ways to give the ring or ask the question. In a gift, hanging on the tree, baked inside her favorite christmas cookie. (ok that might be cheesy! or maybe not??)
- Your families are already getting together at this time of year and its a great opportunity to announce your engagement with everyone! All the ladies can gush over the ring and make your gal feel extra special. Trust me she will LOVE it! And then less chance of any scary “dad” talks with a crowd of witnesses!!
- Not as many people get engagement during the holidays as they use to. It actually would be unlike many of your friends engagements. Have a fun story to tell the kids!
- Winter engagement photos are so romantic! Play in the snow, then warm up all cozy next to each other with some hot cocoa. Ah! Im getting all mushy just thinking about it!
Give her an expression of love this Christmas, and watch her melt like frosty the snowman. Give her a Christmas Engagement.
What do you think of Christmas engagements? Please leave your comments below! : )